Iconic Schatzlein Saddle Shop In Minneapolis Announces Closure After 115 Years Of Service
News General Equestrian
The fender, skirting and rigging on the Imus 4-Beat® Elites are made of wax-wear which is a very soft yet durable wax and oil-infused synthetic material that lends it durability and also water and dirt resistance. The durability is great and you can expect the same wear out of the wax-wear as you do the leather. We use the same material for the top of our pads.
The tree, leather suspended ground seat, and Supracor padding under the bars of the tree are the same in both the full leather and Imus 4-Beat® Elite, so functionally they perform and feel just the same for you and your horse.
The Imus 4-Beat® Elite Gaited saddle boasts all the premium features of the traditional Imus 4-Beat® Gaited Saddle, including top quality materials and workmanship.
Our Elite saddle features:
* Web suspended, flexible tree bars to offer the horse freedom of motion, and the rider a close “feel” for the horse’s movement
* Supracor® padding beneath the tree bars to offer unprecedented “fit forgiveness.” Thanks to this medical grade, resilient and durable padding, our two tree widths (standard and wide) work for over 95% of the horses we fit.
* Free-swinging, forward-set stirrups to take pressure off rider’s hips, knees and ankles
* A custom built tree designed to set the rider in a more forward and natural bareback seat position, while allowing the horse freedom of motion through the shoulders and zero pressure on the loins
* Light-weight, heavy duty “wax wear” denier jockeys and fenders that are extremely durable, water and dirt resistant, easy to maintain, and great looking
* Top quality leather for the seat and skirt
* 3/4-fired rigging to keep the saddle in place, front to back, with a single girth, while helping to avoid "girth galls."
* All models come with a full set of d-rings and tie strings, to help secure your trail riding gear.
6 Sets Tie Strings
Matching 4-Beat® Supracor Padded Stirrups
Extra Long Latigos
For more information about Imus 4-Beat Saddles® check out our short informational video about our tree and Supracor HERE
Need Help fitting your horse? We provide expert fitting support HERE
Learn all about the Imus 4-Beat Saddles HERE
All saddles have a 6% restocking fee in the event of a return for a refund. This covers our original shipping to you and part of the non-refunded merchant fees. In the event of an exchange, difference in cost of saddles may be applicable.
Below is a description of each of our Imus 4-Beat Gaited saddle options
Standard Cantle: Seat leather is folded over the back of the seat and tacked in to place. Looks good and is long-lasting. Comes with leather rosettes. No additional charge.
Shown below in pecan with our smooth seat
Cheyenne Roll Cantle: Hand-rolled lip that matches the saddle leather. Has a ridge underneath the lip to allow the rider to reach back and grab under the cantle. Leather rosettes. Finished look and functional too! $75 additional charge.
Cheyenne Roll shown below in pecan with a rough-out seat (description below)
Pencil Roll Cantle Package: 1" hand-rolled finished lip done in the same leather as your saddle. Adds 1" to seat depth and the additional tooling around the pommel and keepers and silver conchos instead of leather rosettes give a nice finished look. $100 additional charge.
Pencil roll shown below in black with an endurance pommel
Standard Smooth Seat: Smooth seat leather is vat-dyed for long-lasting color that won't rub off. Smooth seat leather allows your hips to freely move with your horse. Comes standard with no additional charge.
Shown below in Pecan Endurance with Leathers and a pencil roll
Rough-Out Seat: Chap leather is used on the seat to give a little extra grip. Vat-dyed leather won't fade or bleed. $25 additional charge.
Shown below in black western with the pencil roll package