This hat is made from tough, quality steer hide, giving it a handsome rugged appearance. A braided leather hatband completes the outback look. A chin strap may be attached by lacing it through the holes in the side of the crown (strap not included).
Available in chocolate brown, sizes Small through XXL.
BC Hats makes the quintessential Australian bush hat. Born for the outback, these tough leather (and straw!) hats can take whatever you throw at them. A good leather hat conforms to your head as you wear it, becoming more comfortable over time. Leather also acquires character as it ages so the longer you wear it the more distinctive it becomes.
Head Wear Size Chart - Head Circumference
Caring for Your BC Hat
* Rough out (suede finish) leather may be cleaned with a stiff brush or fine sand paper.
* Smooth (full grain, nubuck, wax/oily, or distressed finish) leather may be periodically treated with leather dressing or saddle soap. We recommend (and carry) Australian made Joseph Lyddy products. Look on our saddle care page.
* Straw hats can be kept clean and fresh looking by brushing with a small wisk broom. If the hat gets wet, wipe off surplus water with a dry cloth. With the brim turned up, place on a level, clean surface, to dry. Do not use artificial heat.
* All hats may also be treated with a waterproof spray if necessary.
* Some shrinkage may occur if exposed to extreme heat e.g. drying out by an open fire or left exposed to strong sunlight in a closed vehicle. The hat can be stretched back using a hat stretcher or pulling the hat from the inside with your hands.
* The stiffening along the edge of the brim allows the hat to be shaped as desired. Some hats come with a flexible filament in the brim to allow the hat to
be crushed. When packed flat, the mesh on crushable hats with a mesh crown show wrinkles when unpacked. These will usually go away as the hat is worn - or use a little steam (hanging overnight in the bathroom works!).
* A chin strap may be added by using the eyelet holes on each side of the crown to thread the strap.
* Each hat will develop its own individual shape and character with wear.
* Any scratches or marks on leather are not to be considered flaws. They occur naturally and are merely proof of its authenticity.
About BC Hats
Bill Conner created Australia's original leather hat with a shapable brim in 1969. His original model, the Stockman, is recognized world wide. BC Hats is still a family owned company dedicated to quality, service, and original Aussie hats. They are located in Byron Bay, New South Wales. To ensure that you have the genuine original Australian leather hat, look for the brass BC logo on the hat band.
BC leather hats are individually skillfully crafted from specially tanned top grade hides. All seams are glued to increase water resistance. Single needle, double stitched construction is used where necessary for extra strength. Each hat will develop its own individual shape and character with wear - it is not meant to stay in one particular shape.