HorsesQuarter HorseFor SaleAvailable
* AQHA proven mare (OLean Hickory) papers in hand. We call her Sierra.
* 16 years old (2004)
* Ranch bred. Very cowy big and beautiful
* Broke to ride for an intermediate/experienced rider. She’s beginner safe, but I personally struggle with getting her to ride out alone. She will follow all day long, getting her to ride by herself is where I struggle at. She has way more woah than go.
* She can be buddy sour, which can make stalling her a bit difficult. So we leave her in the pasture where she has access to come and go from the barn as she pleases.
* She’s never offered a kick, she did get a little bucky on one occasion and we have since discovered it’s because, as new horse owners, we didn’t have the saddle on her right and it was pinching her. Every other time she’s been saddled up she does great.
* She stands for the farrier, and to let you groom her. I haven’t had her teeth floated in the 6 months I’ve owned her, so she might need it. She’s due to have her feet done again on 8/29.
* She’s a very in your pocket mare after you earn her trust.
* I believe she’s around 15.2-15.3 hh , I can’t remember what I bought her as, and I haven’t measured her.
* She’s barefoot
* I personally think she’s level headed, she just needs more miles on her. She needs worked by someone who knows how to make her work. And I am not the person for that. We don’t click as I hoped we would when I bought her.
*Does not neck rein. She needs more work on that. She was broke late, so she’s not super fancy with her riding skills.
* Located in IN
* Asking $1800...Read full description