A Treat for Thanksgiving
One of the first things people think of when thanksgiving is mentioned is food... lots of food. So how about sharing this with your horse? - a special treat for him, as well as you. Instead of a carrot or an apple, here is a recipe to change up the treat.
- 4 cups sweet feed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups molasses
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 apples, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup flour
- Icing sugar
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix the sweet feed, sugar, molasses, carrots, apples and flour all together until binded.
- Form into balls and pressed onto a tray lined with grease proof paper.
- Put in the oven for 20 minutes, give or take a few minutes.
- Leave them to cool on a cooling rack.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
Photo by 'Five Furlongs'
8 tips for safely buying a horse
Finding Cheap Horses For Sale
Understanding Which Horses Make The Best Barrel Racing Horses