Fautras Provan Premium Trailer
Fautras Provan Premium 2-horse straight load. Designed to be pulled safely by many of today's mid-sized SUVs and trucks. The empty weight of the Provan is approximately 1980 lbs. Possibly more important if you're going to be towing with a smaller vehicleis the tongue weight, which should never exceed 154 lbs. (Compare to 400-500 lbs. tongue weight typical of domestic 2H trailers.) This trailer has been used only about 10 times, so it is virtually brand new.
* AID System Butt Bars –you can release and secure the butt bars from the traditional rear position and also from the front, while you are standing near your horse’s head. The AID System can be used whether you're loading or unloading. The AID System is controlled by a simple handle & lever recessed into the wall structure for each stall.
* Progressive Floor System - no ramp required. The Provan floor steps down gradually toward the rear, to produce a relatively low step at the rear of the trailer, making it easy and natural for your horse to step up and in. The floor is a polyethylene rot-proof floor with bonded rubber mat covering. There are no mats to remove for cleaning.
* The Provan Premium has a wide, full-height groom door on each side. The doors are large enough that, if desired, you can unload your horse through them. When open, there's plenty of light & ventilation, making a very inviting cabin for the horses. Truck-style cam latches secure each door open or closed - no need to worry about breezes blowing your doors closed because of ineffective tiebacks.
* Large fixed window/vent in nose of trailer for light & ventilation. Sliding window with guard in each groom door - more light & ventilation.
* 2-position rear doors: 1) Open them fully out to the sides (180 degrees) or, 2) Open them approximately 90 degrees (nearly straight back) to act as a chute or guide. Each rear door features a slide-down panel for light & ventilation - simpler than a window and creates an opening about twice the size of a typical window. Each rear door has a holdback that catches as you open the door. Release the latch with your toe. (If you've ever had breeze blow a door closed on you, you'll appreciate the beauty of this simple & effective door holdback. It may be a small thing, but it demonstrates the thought and user-friendliness in Fautras designs.)
* This trailer has the optional tack locker that is attached to and swings out with the groom door. The locker is large enough to hold 2 Western saddles.
* Construction: Rugged galvanized steel chassis - Steel for strength, galvanized for corrosion protection. Rollover protection integrated into the structure of the trailer-- there's an arch of galvanized steel tube at the rear opening and a "backbone" of similar material along the roof centerline. The groom door openings are framed in yet more galvanized steel. Additionally, the rear doors are framed in galvanized steel and there are stiffening frames behind the stall pads as well. For a lightweight trailer, there's a good deal of structure. Fiberglass walls & roof - tough, light and not prone to rot or rust. Hard polypropylene panels on lower walls and rear doors for reinforcement & kick protection. Padding on stall sides and rear. Easily removable stall divider hardware, including Fautras Tech flexible stall partition.
* Smooth acting inertia mechanical brakes - as the vehicle brakes, the trailer applies its brakes automatically in proportion to the load in the trailer—you do not need a brake controller in the tow vehicle. Parking brake for short-term use. Smooth-riding torsion axles with shock absorbers (you won't find shock absorbers on most trailers). Radial tires, with spare tire and & wheel. Bright, reliable LED tail and marker lights. Coupler status indicator - on the side of the coupler, you'll see Minus, Plus and "X" indicators. When the pointer is on the "Plus," the coupler is secure on the hitch ball. If the pointer is on Minus or "X," the ball is too small or too large or something isn't quite right, so check the connection again. The status indicator is a nice touch to help you with the task of connecting the trailer to the vehicle.
we're sorry, this ad is no longer available.