Farm for sale - farm with up to 82 Acres of land for sale (Amsterdam)
Farm with up to 82 acres of land available, approved for 3 plots as subdivision. Significant road frontage, on a very quiet road. The property is located where Saratoga, Schenectady, and Montgomery counties meet and was recently surveyed and approved for subdivision by the Town. Lot 1 - 10.5 acres all usable with house/barns, Lot 2 - 25 acres fields, Lot 3 - 46 acres fields, woods, stream, a dam 70% complete, and 2 drilled wells.
This land is located in the town of Amsterdam, and is situated where Saratoga, Schenectady, and Montgomery counties meet.
To Amsterdam: 6 miles
To Saratoga Springs 21.5 miles
To Schenectady: 16 miles
To Albany: 34 miles
Please note we do not have a star exemption on this property because it is not our primary residence. So, the school taxes would be less.
School 3177.92 (note these taxes can be paid quarterly at $794.48 per quarter)
Features of house:
• New vinyl siding on the home with lifetime warranty
• Roof is raised seam "aluminum" roof -- will never rust
• New paver side walk installed Oct 2013
• Chimney recently re-capped and spark arresters added -- July 2013
• Recently replaced deep well pump in drilled well - well provides excellent drinking water & flow
• Carrier forced hot air furnace recently installed that uses fuel oil -- recently serviced
• Large "Fisher" wood stove in family room
• Septic tank recently pumped-- in excellent condition
• Outdoor ornamental well with hand pump in addition to drilled well
Full basement - unfinished with plug for 2nd wood stove
House has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room, family room, kitchen, laundry room, entry/coat room, and large storage room upstairs that could be used as a 4th bedroom. Full basement tall enough to stand in but not finished.
• Property includes 5 apple trees, and 2 pear trees.
• Lot 1 is flat, and 100% usable - has been recently used for sheep, horses, chickens, gardening, and harvesting hay
• Large gardens on the property which have been tilled and are ready for spring planting.
Good soil on these properties
Outbuildings -- 7 total
• Large barn with post & beam construction circa 1890's in good condition. 2 hay lofts and large open areas for hay storage, or for housing animals. Has attached run-in shed. The barn has signature of local 1800's hay presser -- Jackson -- dated 1897. Good condition, post & beam construction and LARGE.
Front section of barn recently had the floor replaced with 2" oak plank boards -- very sturdy. Back portion of barn was raised and new trusses installed. Raised seam roof on this portion of the barn. Run in shed for animals, and water supplied to the barn. New electrical service installed.
Lot 2 - 25 acres fields, drainage recently added
Lot 3 - 46 acres fields, woods, stream, and 2 drilled wells. A dam was started and is about 70% complete, if finished would create a very large pond.
email for more pictures or details
House with 10.5 acres - $225,000
Land only - $3000 per acres - sold as surveyed - Lots 1, 2, and 3
House with 82 acres - $425,000 - all 3 Lots
we're sorry, this ad is no longer available.