Beautiful Northwoods Hayward (Washburn County), Wisconsin setting is the backdrop for this premiere turn-key horse property. Built in 2007, this horse property boasts both an 80’ x 122’ indoor arena and a 150’ x 200’ outdoor riding arena; 22 indoor heated horse stalls; 2 bedroom/1 bath trainer’s apartment (1120 sq. ft.) with all new white appliances; 3 bedroom/2 bath owner’s apartment (2464 sq. ft.) with great room and stainless steel appliances; utility room with washer/dryer; both the living quarters and the trainer’s apartment come partially furnished; two handicap accessible arena restrooms; office with viewing window; wash bay with hot/cold water; tack/grain room; in-floor heat throughout facility economically heated by outdoor wood boiler; 38.5 acres of fields, paddocks, 63’ loafing shed, some woods, plus a 42’ x 63’ hay/machine building with 14‘ side walls. Indoor arena is steel clear-span with 14‘ side walls and 21.5‘ to the center ceiling height. Horse stalls are 12‘ x 12‘, with one stall 12‘.x 16’ used as a foaling stall. Wisconsin legal forms drafted by an equine attorney for boarding agreements, helmet waivers and riding waivers are in place for your use.
This horse ranch is currently operated as a successful boarding facility, but this property is limited only by your imagination. Located in Northern Wisconsin with easy access from two major highways, (US 63 South and State 27 South) in the heart of tourist country, we see folks vacationing to the many resorts, lakes and national forests in the area. We are situated only 8 miles from Hayward in Washburn County near Beaver Lake, 2 miles from Beaver Lake Beach, close to the Northwest Wisconsin Equine Club outdoor arena and also the Dugan Lake Equestrian Trails near Stone Lake, Wisconsin. Extra income is produced by renting out the trainer’s apartment for horse enthusiasts who come to vacation with their horses. In the arena, we have held several shows, clinics and events which also produced additional income above and beyond our friendly boarders.
This is an opportunity to put your plans into motion. This property has many future possibilities such as:
- Summer horse training headquarters for trainers looking to escape the heat of southern climates, while still maintaining the winter outside boarding income;
- Summer horse camp for kids and teens, by the week or by the month;
- Winter time weekend horse get-away bed and breakfast with bonfires and trail rides;
- With the addition of small camping cabins, this property could be a horse resort or dude ranch;
- With 22 indoor heated concrete stalls, this property could be a large animal assisted or after vet care facility;
- With the indoor arena, riding lessons can produce a year-round income, along with traveling horse clinician 3 - 4 day schools,
- Rental of the indoor arena for many functions such as corporate retreat gatherings, cowboy weddings, graduations and large parties,
just to name a few ideas………
Property is also zoned for the following:
- Greenhouse or nursery,
- Game and fish farm, trails, and wildlife refuges,
- Dog and small domestic overnight-stay kennel.
Email us with questions or give us a call to tour our facility! We’d be happy to talk to you about the future of this horse property!
Is your property adjacent to public lands? Otherwise, where do your boarders trail ride? Do you purchase hay or have other properties you hay yourself?
Hi Kathy, We have listed our property with Edina Realty and if you go to their website, they can email you the trail maps. We are allowed to ride neighboring private lands which lead to Washburn County Forests, pretty cool. We purchase our hay for the winter and we have pastures to graze for the summer. For more information, please contact David Bergh at Edina Realty 651-231-3734 (cell phone) or DavidBergh@edinarealty.com, Thanks, Sandy