A rare opportunity for a rural horse property within easy reach of downtown Calgary. The property has investment potential and is listed at an attractive price.
This property is specifically equipped to enjoy horses. The large Quonset barn has 6 stables, a tack room, lighting and a concrete floor. The Quonset had a major refit and new roof in summer 2012. The adjacent water well supplies water to animals almost year round. There are a riding arena, paddocks, a steel horse shelter and an additional shelter. Two riding academies are nearby. Up to 300 high qualities small square bales can be harvested every year, and the barn is big enough to keep them dry.
This is one of the few remaining parcels in this area larger than 20 acres, and the location is on the outer city fringe
The 1700 sq. ft. home home is comfortable with 3 bedrooms, 11/2 bathrooms, a wood fireplace and an attached double garage. The home has several highlights:
• The roof and eaves were replaced summer 2011.
• An ion filter and RO filter in the basement increases the water quality of the high-capacity well.
• The large family room has laminate hardwood fitted and the sale includes hardwood laminate for the rest of the main floor, (except the kitchen).
This property is also a perfect for raising a family.
• Large wetland allows duck-and bird watching in the summer months, and doubles as a private skating rink in winter.
• Woodlands around the canal houses eagles, owls, pheasants and migratory deer. A 3-season cabin is built in the woods.
• Irrigation rights (via WID contract) enables pasture or crop projects.
• A sheltered garden area next to the house is enclosed by large trees and a hedge. A permanent gazebo on a gravel pad is right next to an area suitable for a herb or flower garden.
• The property is sold with lots of spare fencing and posts for dog runs or corrals.
The insulated workshop is equipped with 220V. The workshop building has two additional garages and a new roof.
The sale includes some acreage machinery.
A virtual tour is available at www.jc-executivehomes.com
The contact details provided are of the owner. Property is listed with JC van der Walt, Realty Executives APEX, 403 681 8320.